Working with Thunderclap can lower your time-to-fill and internal cost-per-hire, improve retention and help demonstrate your agency’s diversity commitment. This kind of success happens because we work very closely with our client agencies. Our new business background helps us identify the right candidates and effectively “set the table” in terms of how a position can positively impact someone’s career. Our background also helps us ensure functional and cultural fit for your agency.
But there are other reasons why agencies like partnering with us.
- Gain outside perspective. We’re in the talent market every day, all day. Our informed, insight-driven view can help differentiate your agency, properly market the position, and help ensure your new professional generates a faster impact on agency revenue.
- Leverage our ad agency expertise. Thunderclap’s leader, Steve Congdon, brings over 25 years of agency experience to your search. This can decrease time spent on any particular search, increase candidate quality, deliver better prepared candidates and lower time-to-fill.
- Access our pipeline of connections and intel. Thunderclap’s proprietary database is filled with over 1,500 resources that can help your firm. This includes senior-level clients, agency professionals, search consultants, press, and friends. It represents a pipeline of learning, new business leads, referrals and, of course, terrific candidates! This confidential database is unique, customized and accessed on a daily basis. It gets stronger with time and is now over 15 years old.
- Lower future recruiting costs. “Birds of a feather flock together” is appropriate here. Work with us to find your next great leader. And then, ask your new Thunderclap hire for referrals. Once you hire those potentially like minds, reinvest the recruiting savings into retention programs to keep your staff aligned, engaged and… well, keep them around.
- Keeps the search confidential. While there are many reasons you should consider working with an outside recruiter, keeping a search quiet, contained and controlled may be particularly noteworthy. This is particularly relevant in CEO/President, discipline head or new business leader searches. When you can’t afford a loss in momentum, service and thinking on client business.
- Ensure a professional, consistent and positive candidate experience. This often gets overlooked as agencies brief five contingency recruiters against a search. Each recruiter has different sourcing practices, different ways of working with candidates and different approaches to their business. This can impact search efficacy for you. And impact current and prospective candidates in the marketplace, thinking and talking about your agency. This has short-term impact and long-term impact on agency reputation, future referrals and retention.
- Mitigate the risk of a bad hire. Making a hiring mistake can be costly. Particularly at the senior level, when one professional can have a greater impact at an agency. All of our hires north of $300k are still with their respective holding companies. In fact, in some cases they’ve been promoted.